Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome 2010!

Yes, I realize that I am a HORRIBLE blogger! I just checked and my last post was in August right before the "Chick-a-dee Fever of 2009" kicked off!

I was definitely underprepared for the craziness that Halloween costumes can bring to the tutu making world. It was absolutely fantastic and kept me very happily working away! Becky from Makmay Designs and I teamed up to create a Chick-a-dee Costume that was very cute and simple and it landed us in an Etsy Finds Email blast that was international! It was HUGE honor and something that Becky and I never dreamt that we would be included in (but secretly hoped and prayed nightly!!).

Even though our little costume was oh so cute, I know that our outfit never would have been picked if it wasn't for the beautiful little model that we used and the wonderful picture that was shot by Tracey Emmett from En Love Photography! So, THANK YOU for making our picture so beautiful!!

Just in case you didn't get to see it, here's our infamous Chick-a-dee!


I will admit that it was crazy to start planning a Christmas line in the beginning of October and holding our shoot well before I even purchased my Halloween Candy, but it seems that in this business you always have to be 8 weeks ahead or you simply miss out.

Here's one of my favorite shots from our Holiday Shoot....


So Chick-a-dee Fever came and went and then we jumped head first into creating beautiful Christmas and Winter tutus for our wonderful clients and their little princesses! I cannot even begin to tell you how many adorable fan photos I received. Each one put a huge smile on my face! I LOVE seeing the joy that spreads across a little face when she puts on her tutu for the first time and twirls. It is PRICELESS! You can always check out my Facebook Fan Page and see the great Fan Photos there. While you are there, become a Fan and upload some of your photos too!

My husband forced me (OK, well he didn't literally force me but it felt like it!) to take 2 weeks off during the holidays to recoup and get the creative juices flowing again. We took our family to Disneyland to celebrate Taylor's 16th birthday, Amaya's 2nd birthday and also create some lasting family memories. It was so much fun and definitely a much needed break. I guess it did what it was supposed to because even on my vacation I was sketching and planning new designs for Valentine's Day. The creativity was back!!

So here we are at the start of 2010! Our Valentine's Day shoot was FANTASTIC and probably my most favorite yet! I'll make sure to post some of these pictures on the blog soon, but in the mean time you can check them out on Facebook or at Juju's Tutus.


Looking back on 2009, we had an AMAZING first year online! We expanded into several new boutiques (more on that soon, I promise!), I learned a lot, improved a lot and had so much fun working with my clients, many of whom have now become friends. I simply cannot wait to see what 2010 has in store for Juju's but I KNOW it will be FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment