Sunday, July 1, 2012

Life's Just Beachy

So, did you all get a chance to read the intro post to our monthly Pinterest Party? If not, you'll want to go here to read it. It has all of the details on what to do and how to play!

Are you excited to find out what our first monthly theme is? I'm excited to tell you! But first, let me tell you why I picked it.

My Mom in Kauai, June 2007


Because, well, Life's Just Beachy....



This is my mom standing on one of her favorite places, the beach in Kauai. My dad took it 5 years ago, in June 2007 during our last family vacation together. I LOVE this picture of my mom, it's one of my favorites. When I think about her, this is how I picture her. It was her dream to one day retire to the islands of Hawaii with my dad. We lost mom September 10, 2011.

Which leads to this....




And, I believe it's true.


We gather at the beach for fun...to laugh, chase the waves, to build sand castles.
We gather at the beach for reflection...to gaze into the water, to read, to pray.
We gather at the beach for sport...to run, to surf, to swim, to play.
We gather at the beach for celebration...for weddings, renewals, graduation parties.
We gather at the beach for togetherness...vacations, bonfires, handheld walks with your love.

We've all had our moments of Sweat, Tears and The Sea.

So join me in celebrating life....on the beach


because


"Life's Just Beachy"


A year of Salt Water- Tears....Sweat...Ending in the Sea....  Charleston, SC June 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment